Read more: http://www.bloggerbelog.com/2012/02/disable-copy-paste-option-on-blogger.html#ixzz1ytVFN8f6 The PsyKiK Writer: Life is a blessing

Monday, January 4, 2010

Life is a blessing

Its said, Life is a blessing. But how many of us truly realize it? I think, I have realized that to an extent. Its just the matter of a breath. Once you are unable to take the breath in, its all over. I have been through the dreadful phase of life where I had to struggle for the next breath to keep myself alive and trust me, it’s a nightmare. During the end, I mean during the last moment of struggle, there is one last milli second where you truly realize the meaning of helplessness and surrender yourself to death. I had experienced that too. Not once, but thrice. I still remember the day when I struggled like hell for a breath, my whole body shaking vigourously, my hands beating the hospital bed frantically and with my whole body I fought like never before for a breath. I still remember the milli second when I realized all my effort is becoming a waste and the moment I decided to give up and surrender to death. The moment when I closed my eyes realizing that its all over. But fortunately, due to God’s grace, I was pulled in back to the shore of life. Even with the oxygen mask and surrounded doctors and nurses, in that room where emergency alarm was ringing on top of its voice, I sensed few drops of tears on my cheeks. That was Life…So when it is just the matter of one single breath, then why in this life time we carry the burden of ego, selfishness, greed and all. We work throughout our life to live. For food, shelter and for our beloved ones. We, over here, are truly lucky for what we have, but ever thought about the ones who are not fortunate enough???

In this world, there are many who struggle for day to day living. Right from the beggar on street towards the coolie at railway station and the tea shop boy in bus stand are struggling hard for a living. While talking about beggars, no one loves to live their life as a beggar and to die on streets. But still if there are beggars, then understand its their circumstances and they are stretching their hand to you because they have no other option. I make a point to give something when ever a hand is stretched towards me. There are many who don’t bother to, but let me tell you the 1 Re or 2 Rs change in your wallet could fetch him/her a cup of Tea and that Tea might be their food for whole day. End of day,they would be thankful to that tea. Today while on your way back and when you stop at signal, just look around. There would be a kid peeping out of the window of neighboring vehicle. Just smile at him and feel the joy for yourself. While on a train, please look out to the paddy field or a house nearby the track. Wave at the kid who is staring at the moving train, for a second, feel the Pleasure. So when there are really small things which could do wonders, then why hesitating to do it?

There are lot of things we can do to make others happy without even spending a penny. By doing so, not only them, even would be happy. A merciful look, few soothing words, a compassionate hug or a helping hand is all what people need and not exactly the currency in your wallet. Its not anyone’s fault that we have become so much self centred like this. May be the society or may be the examples we got were misleading. But we being the educated fortunates, have to start thinking humane and have to change. Its yet another new year going to come. Celebration time. When the thought about new year comes to your mind, the first thing one would think about the new year bashes and the late night parties, dj’s and discotheques. To me, For every new year, I would be celebrating in Temple. In Amritanandamayi Ashram to be precise. I would welcome the New year with Prayers in a spiritual place. I don’t know, but that’s what I feel. Parties and celebrations can be done at any time. New Year is important. We are welcoming another year which may bring goodd and bad to us. Hence I prefer to start it with prayers and pure thoughts. Except last new year (I was in ICU then), I have celebrated most of them in Ashram itself and this year also, its not going to change.

So, the whole purpose of this article is just a minor attempt to make you realize that there are lot more things in life than partying and enjoyment. The purpose is to remind you that even the unfortunate souls too would hope to have some happiness during the festival season. Think wisely. Afterall, its just the matter of a breath. One single Breath….

Happy New Year!!!

[Written On : December 28th, 2009]

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.NO PART OF THIS MATERIAL PROTECTED BY THE COPYRIGHT MAY BE REPRODUCED OR UTILIZED IN ANY FORM BY ANY MEANS, ELECTRONIC OR MECHANICAL. USERS ARE FORBIDDEN TO REPRODUCE,REPUBLISH,REDISTRIBUTE, OR FORWARD ANY MATERIAL FROM THIS JOURNAL IN EITHER MACHINE READABLE FORM OR ANY OTHER FORM WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR

No comments:

Post a Comment